en - RE: [sympa-users] On working with Exchange

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Tim Kirby <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] On working with Exchange
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 07:55:31 +0000

>I know there are a number of sites working successfully with Exchange and AD.

I have a proven way to make Sympa use an Exchange Distribution list as an
external datasource, and to use Exchange/AD for authentication.

My only experience with Office 365 is that it doesn't play nicely with anyone
else's SPF records - their SPF uses 9 DNS lookups so you can't add anything
else to it. If they give you an LDAP interface to your userbase then you
could almost certainly use it with Sympa for authentication or as a
datasource, but I've never tried this.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS