en - Re: [sympa-users] Failure building MIME::Lite::HTML cpan module

  • From: Timothy Dunnington <address@concealed>
  • To: Philippe Aepli <address@concealed>, Philippe Aepli <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Failure building MIME::Lite::HTML cpan module
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 14:21:34 +0000

Not stupid at all!

I want to build my own perl installation, not use the system perl. I’m doing things a little differently, I’ll admit, so I’m not surprised to see I’m running into some difficulty. But, bottom line, if you follow the installation procedure, it won’t work. That means the sympa documentation is misleading and the sympa_wizard needs some updating. As a relative newcomer, I found installing sympa (even when I did use the OS packages) was a very painful process that took me 3 weeks to get right (I do this after hours on my own, so I have limited time).

I’ve contacted the owner of the cpan module to see if I can become a contributor and fix the module. I’m also going to start working with the sympa dev team to test, and help fix, these bugs.

I was just reaching out to this group to see if anyone else had this problem, but now that I’ve debugged it, the answer has to be “yes.” This cpan module doesn’t build, period.

Tim

Sent from Windows Mail