en - Re: [sympa-users] Message counter in Subject

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Message counter in Subject
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 15:43:57 +0100

Hi,

Le 01/12/14 13:58, Nestor Oviedo a écrit :
Thank you all for your answers.
I'll give a try to David's approach and let you know how it did it.
I can tell you: it will do. ;)
Thanks again
Regards
Nestor

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 6:36 AM, David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:
Easy money...

Follow these steps:

Edit the custom_subject parameter od the list and add the string [%list.sequence%].

For example, if your custom_subject looks like this: "Newsletter #[% list.sequence %]", then the first message posted to the list will heve the following string appended at the beginning of the subject: "[Newsletter #1]", the second "[Newsletter #2]", then "[Newsletter #3]", etc. Note that you can't get rid of the brackets. It's hard-coded.

Note that you don't have to set merge_feature to "on" for this. Indeed, each message sent to subscribers being identical, this personnalization is always applied.

(It's even documented in the manual: https://www.sympa.org/manual/parameters-sending#custom_subject)

Cheers,

David