en - Re: [sympa-users] "sympa: unknown list" bounces to wahzoo

  • From: Amos <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] "sympa: unknown list" bounces to wahzoo
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 12:08:54 -0600

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Amos <address@concealed> wrote:
This morning I noticed our 6.1.23 server in some sort of mail loop with postmaster@*, but it was by far worse with postmaster--stagnesorg.onmicrosoft.com.  What's causing this?  Can't say I've ever seen this sort of thing before with all the years we've been running Sympa.  Is this related to DMARC?

well, the spool/msg/bad directory has a whole ton of messages from address@concealed that look like the following.  So I guess Sympa started it by sending a report to postmaster at the remote site, and in this case, the response was a form message, and so a mail loop ensued.  Though, still not entirely sure what started all of this in the first place.....

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

The email address you specified couldn't be found or is invalid. It may be =
due to a bad entry in your Outlook or Outlook Web App recipient AutoComplet=
e cache. Use the steps below to clear the entry from the cache:

  1.  Click New mail.
  2.  In the To field start typing the recipient's name or email address un=
til the recipient appears in the drop-down list.
  3.  Use the DOWN ARROW and UP ARROW keys to select the recipient, and the=
n press the DELETE key.

Then resend your message =96 delete and retype the recipient=92s name or e-=
mail address before sending it.

For more tips to help resolve this issue see DSN 5.1.x Errors in Exchange O=