en - RE: [sympa-users] subscribers update failed

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: William <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] subscribers update failed
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 20:49:00 +0000

> After renaming lists, one of my list owners receiving "subscriber update
> failed for ...".
> Can a list contain a list inclusion and remote file inclusion data
sources?
> Is it a conflict? Maybe not, as long as the data sources are not touching
the
> same parameters? Please advise.

A list can contain direct subscribers, and any number of any type of
external data sources. There is no problem if multiple external sources use
the same parameters (eg, two separate LDAP lookups to the same server using
the same bind credentials)

For example, I have some lists that have direct subscribers, plus external
lists, plus LDAP lookups.

The message you mention happens when an external lookup fails -- possibly
your LDAP server is down, or is timing out? This is not necessarily a
problem, but could indicate other issues, such as the authentication
password expiring etc. If the external source fails, then any existing
subscribers from that source are not removed.

The list also dedupes if the same subscriber is in multiple external
sources.

Steve

Steve Shipway
address@concealed