en - RE: [sympa-users] Sympa problem of not receiving header/footer message

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Sympa problem of not receiving header/footer message
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 20:31:51 +0000

> i have 2 domains: test1.com uses the default configuration file
(/etc/sympa/
> sympa.conf) and test2.com uses the robot.conf placed in
> /etc/sympa/test2.com/ robot.conf.
>
> I can post a message and receive a mail that contains the footer message
that
> i have set up in /etc/sympa/mail_tt2/message.footer.
>
> But when i do similarly with test2.com, the message received does not
> contain the footer message. More than that, i see that it sent only to the
list
> without delivering to other members in the list.

It sounds to me as if your sendmail/postfix configuration is off, and the
message is not actually being passed on to Sympa for processing by bulk.pl
(which would add the footer and distribute). Either you are missing
transport configurations, or missing alias configuration.

There are so many ways to configure the sendmail/postfix it is hard to say
where the issue is. We use postfix, and have to have a separate line in our
transport.re file for each list domain to make sure that domain's emails are
passed to the Sympa transport handler. It is likely that in your
configuration, you have not added the required additional lines to handle
emails of the form address@concealed? Or maybe you have
not correctly updated your Sympa aliases file to make these go to the queue?
It is difficult to say without a lot more information about your local mail
configuration.

Check your local mail queue -- are the messages still in there? Check your
postfix/sendmail logs and see what is going on with the delivery of the
problem messages.

HTH

Steve

Steve Shipway