en - Re: [sympa-users] Listmaster inherits all list owner permissions in Scenari

  • From: Tornóci László <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Listmaster inherits all list owner permissions in Scenari
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:44:14 +0200

On 07/28/2014 01:19 AM, Steve Shipway wrote:
If you have such a policy, then it might be better to implement it by
the following step:

* Create an 'include.send.header' scenario (either globally or
per-robot) that has something like
is_listmaster([sender]) smtp,md5,dkim,smime do_it

This should then automatically include the include.send.header rules at
the start of *every* send scenario, and so any of your Senior Admin
Staff (who are, of course, listmasters), will be able to post to any
list, regardless of their other status or the posting scenario currently
selected for that list. You also have more fine-grained control
available to you if you should want it. For example, instead of
granting the rights to Listmasters, you could set up a special list to
hold your senior admin staff, and grant posting rights to members of
that list (if you want to restrict the number of listmasters).

Note that, since scenari can be overridden at robot level, you can use
this method to make the behaviour apply on a per-robot basis, too.

I think that this is a better way to explicitly grant people posting
rights, rather than to have listmasters hardwired to have posting
rights, since there are cases - such as at our site - where we do not
want listmasters to automatically have unmoderated posting rights to all
lists.

As there is already a configurable way to continue to achieve the
current listmaster-send-privilege effect, maybe this change does not
need a switch in the sympa.conf or robot.conf files?

Steve

Completely agree. I came up with a similar solution, but Steve's one is better than mine. By the way, I want to take this opportunity to say a big "thank you" to Steve. I find his contributions to this mailing list always very useful.

Yours: Laszlo

*Steve Shipway*
University of Auckland ITS
/UNIX Systems Design Lead/