en - Re: [sympa-users] Can not send message after Sympa upgrade

  • From: Umut Arus <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Can not send message after Sympa upgrade
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 12:05:08 +0300

It worked. :-)

Thank you so much.

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 11:01 AM, David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:
Hi Umut,

A precision: are these messages in spool always the same or do they vanish? They should be stored in databse after, in bulkspool_table and bulkmailer_table.

In the Sympa 6.x family, a new daemon appeared: bulk.pl, dedicated to mail sending. Please check taht this daemon is currently running BUT first run this command:

/home/sympa/bin/sympa.pl --test_database_message_buffer

If the script stops before reaching a 20 MB buffer size, check your database setting to allow at least 20 MB buffer.

If the messages don't vanish from the msg spool, check that sympa.pl is running.

Also the sympa startup script was updated to take bulk.pl into account. Please check that you're using the new sympa startup script (the last update date of this file in /etc/init.d should give you enough information, but you cal also grep the file contant for the "bulk.pl" character string).

Cheers,

David