en - [sympa-users] Compiling from source, AM_PO_SUBDIRS warning

  • From: Liam Kirsher <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Compiling from source, AM_PO_SUBDIRS warning
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 12:54:08 -0700

Hi --

I'm compiling the 6.1-branch in order to get the latest version with DMARC fix, and have run into a problem--
autoreconf -i
configure.ac:28: warning: macro 'AM_PO_SUBDIRS' not found in library
I followed the faq suggestion:

Error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PO_SUBDIRS

This error message happens during the autoconf run if you don't have the required gettext-devel package (sometimes named gettext-dvl) installed on your system.

You should install the required package to complete the Sympa installation process :

on a RedHat system:
yum install gettext-devel
However, I still get the warning about AM_PO_SUBDIRS.

I looks like the rest of the make worked.

Any help?
This is on an CentOS 5 system.

Liam
--