en - Re: [sympa-users] Upgrading sympa

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Upgrading sympa
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 10:10:12 +0200

On 25-03-14 11:17, David Verdin wrote:
There is a "cookie" parameter that was used by Sympa to encode passwords reversively. Sympa needs this parameter to decode passwords from the previous encoding algorithm before being abled to encode passwords in MD5.
Please make sure that the value of this parameter in your new sympa.conf is the same as in your old server.
Then restore the previous database and retry to run:
/usr/lib/sympa/bin/sympa.pl --upgrade --from=5.3.4 --to=6.1.11
/usr/lib/sympa/bin/sympa.pl --md5_encode_password

Unfortunately I still didn't get this to work, so I suppose I will advise our users to use the password retrieval option and set a new password.

But I'm still wondering.. how does Sympa convert crypt hashes to md5 in the first place? Is this even possible?

Maarten

  • Re: [sympa-users] Upgrading sympa, mtp, 04/03/2014