en - Re: [sympa-users] System restoration pointers?

  • From: Russ Kepler <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] System restoration pointers?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:08:25 -0600

On Sunday, March 23, 2014 06:40:18 PM Russ Kepler wrote:
> My root drive crashed and my system had to be rebuilt, and I'm looking for
> pointers on getting my mailing lists restored from backup. Since I had to
> completely reinstall on a new drive I took the opportunity to upgrade the
> base system from a much upgraded Kubutu to 13.10 but I believe the Sympa
> versions are the same. If someone has a list of the configuration file,
> mysql files and such to move into place I (and my mailing list users) would
> appreciate it.

So I ended up copying across /etc/sympa, /var/lib/sympa and /var/spool/sympa,
and chown to sympa:sympa on all. I think that's the configuration files I
need
(the archive is on a RAID that survived and is mounted in the same place).

I stopped mysql, moved across the /var/lib/mysql/sympa/* files, fixed owners
and
restarted mysql. I can connect to the database using the password and show
the user tables, so things are working there. I moved across /etc/sympa and
when I try to start /usr/lib/sympa/bin/sympa.pl I get:

# /usr/lib/sympa/bin/sympa.pl
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table '`sympa`.`list_table`' already exists at
/usr/share/sympa/lib/Upgrade.pm line 1099.
Database sympa defined in sympa.conf has not the right structure or is
unreachable. verify db_xxx parameters in sympa.conf

So maybe need to upgrade?

# /usr/lib/sympa/bin/sympa.pl --upgrade
info Configuration file read, default log level 0
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table '`sympa`.`list_table`' already exists at
/usr/share/sympa/lib/Upgrade.pm line 1099.
err Upgrade::probe_db() Could not create table list_table in database sympa :
Table '`sympa`.`list_table`' already exists
err Upgrade::probe_db() Table 'list_table' not found in database 'sympa' ;
you
should create it with create_db.mysql script
Database sympa defined in sympa.conf has not the right structure or is
unreachable. verify db_xxx parameters in sympa.conf

Thoughts? I *thought* the versions would be close if not identical but
apparently not?