en - [sympa-users] Sympa 6.1.20

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa 6.1.20
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 23:32:53 +0000

In the changes list for 6.1.20 :

* Mail merge: Parameters taken from mail headers may be overwritten by ones of each subpart. Initialize $data→{'headers'} only once at calling Bulk::merge_msg(),

I think this is not a good way to go.  The specific case I'm thinking of is the 'Content-Type' headers, which should change on each sub-part -- I would want the stash to hold the current section (eg, text/plain) rather than the main headers (eg multipart/mixed) so that different actions could be taken in mailmerge if it is merging plain text or HTML.  I have some complex TT2 code that inserts IMG tags, but in a multipart/mixed situation it should only do this in the HTML part, not in the plain part, and so the content-type header is checked.

The subparts would only hold MIME-related headers in any case.

One possible solution would be for {'headers'} to hold the main mail headers, and {'mime-headers'} to hold the MIME-related headers for this sub-part, reevaluated each time?

Thoughts?

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS