en - [sympa-users] DMARC

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] DMARC
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:27:43 -0700

Although I'm eager to see where the single-use tickets conversation goes and don't want to interrupt it, we've got another issue coming up: DMARC. Yet another way that all of us legitimate good-intentioned citizens of the Internet have to jump through hoops to deal with the sleazy scammy profiteering abusers of it, which drives me nuts... but c'est la vie.

Has anyone else run into DMARC yet? Here's Google's write-up:

https://sites.google.com/site/oauthgoog/mlistsdkim

and here's the DMARC FAQ entry on mailing lists:

http://dmarc.org/faq.html#s_3

which suggests to me that the only real option for us is #2, adding the X-Original-Authentication-Results header. As I understand it, that's something Sympa itself would have to do, in between verifying the incoming DKIM signature and adding a new one to the outgoing message.

Does that seem correct? And does Sympa have this on its radar? Or is there any possible way to do this strictly within the MTA (Postfix for us)? That would actually be preferable, since we currently do DKIM in Postfix rather than in Sympa.

Thanks for any advice!

adam

--
Electric Embers Cooperative
Handcrafted hosting, powering the fires of change