en - RE: [sympa-users] Sympa troubles

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Christian HUTTER <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Sympa troubles
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 21:15:34 +0000

Ø  But why do you need to map address@concealed to address@concealed ? Can’t I just use address@concealed without doing the regexp part?

This is for handling multiple list domains on the same server.  Since you want to be able to have address@concealed AND address@concealed on your server, you cannot simply set both aliases to ‘foo’ as they’d conflict.  Therefore, you set only your primary domain to have a ‘foo’ alias, and the others have a ‘domain-foo’ alias, and you can use a regexp alias to do this for simplicity.

When you have only the one list domain, as in your case, you don’t need to worry about the domain-listname aliases.

You should use ‘domain listserver.domain.com’ on your Sympa server, I think, and let your mail gateway handle the @domain.com aliases.

We do the masquerading of email addresses on our mail gateway, as it is easier for us.  However, you should be able to get the Sympa server to do a measure of this by having the enforced Reply-To headers and so on.  It depends on how much masquerading you want and if it is really necessary.  I’m not sure exactly what effect will be achieved if you change the domain in the list definition to be domain.com, as I’ve never attempted this sort of configuration; it might work out – try it J

Steve

Steve Shipway

address@concealed