en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and Oracle driver issue

  • From: Robert Beer <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: Nick Donaldson <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa and Oracle driver issue
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:58:46 -0400

On Oct 31, 2013, at 3:01 PM, Nick Donaldson <address@concealed>
wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> I am working with Sympa 6.1.17 on Red Hat Enterprise 6.
>
> Initially, the Oracle perl module was not installed. I did so and run into
> a problem whenever trying to load or sync a list that is using an Oracle
> data source. The problem is that the syslog has the message that no Oracle
> Driver can be found.
>
> I have put the setting of the ORACLE_HOME variable into the default bashrc
> file so that user Sympa will have that variable set. I have written a perl
> script to test and verify that the DBD::Oracle module is present and works.
> It is present and does work. However, Sympa doesn’t load the muddle and
> complains. Has anyone else had this issue?
>
> Nick Donaldson
> Help & Solutions Centre Consultant
> IST Help & Solutions Centre
> Client Services
> Information Services and Technology
> 010 Elizabeth Dafoe Library
> University of Manitoba
> Winnipeg, MB. R3T 2N2
> E-mail: address@concealed
> Phone: (204) 474-8649
> Fax: (204) 474-7598

It might be the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. You might want something like:

Create /etc/ld.so.conf.d/oracle-11.2.conf containing:
/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client64/lib

Or whatever is the correct path in your install. This command my be helpful:

rpm -qlp oracle-instantclient11.2-basic-11.2.0.3.0-1.x86_64.rpm

Then run:
ldconfig

--
Bob Beer <address@concealed>
Ohio Northern University, Information Technology, Ada, OH 45810