en - Re: [sympa-users] a way to force reply_to_header to take off "in-list" senders ?

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] a way to force reply_to_header to take off "in-list" senders ?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:40:30 +0200

Le 24/10/13 10:01, Matt Taggart a écrit :
Gaël writes:
I've been using sympa for a few lists and I'm trying to find a avoid
duplicate messages in some situations.

If I send a mail to a mailing-list, and someone answers, and the
"reply_to_header" is set to "all", I will get the mail twice, one sent to
my address, and the other to the list, forwarded then to my address.

Is there a way to avoid this behavior ?
The proposed way to solve this is setting the Mail-Followup-To header

http://cr.yp.to/proto/replyto.html

but not all MUAs support it.

This list is used to communicate between people inside a collective, and to
be contacted by external people.
So the ideal behavior would be :
- When we communicate only with subscribed people (so only to the list
address), the reply-to is set and forced to the list uniquely
- When somebody else sends a message, the reply-to is set and forced to the
list AND the sender
Interesting idea. I think if sympa was going to do munging it should also
use Mail-Followup-To (rather than reply-to).
interesting idea indeed. We'll investigate this.

cheers,

David

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21