en - [sympa-users] Debian: Use normal CGI even if `libapache2-mod-fcgid` is installed

  • From: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: Emmanuel Bouthenot <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Debian: Use normal CGI even if `libapache2-mod-fcgid` is installed
  • Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 11:48:14 +0200

Dear Sympa folks,

after upgrading to Debian Wheezy with Sympa 6.1.11~dfsg-5, I also had
problems restarting Sympa, when WWSympa had been accessed, that means
the fcgi script was running. Unfortunately, before finding Debian bug
#714082 [1], claiming that installing the package `apache2-suexec`
solves this problem, I tried to disable FastCGI and just run it as a
normal CGI process.

`/etc/sympa/wwsympa.conf` contains the variable `use_fast_cgi` and in
Debian Wheezy there are the files `/etc/sympa/http.conf-cgi` and
`/etc/sympa/http.conf-fcgi`. It looks like their use is not influenced
by `use_fast_cgi`. Unfortunately, I do not see how these two files are
used at all and `/etc/sympa/apache` only seems to be used for Apache
configuration.

Currently that seems to prevent using normal CGI even when
`libapache2-mod-fcgid` is enabled. (I would want to do that, if I want
other processes use FastCGI but not Sympa for example, because there is
not enough memory.) Disabling the module seems to be the only option.

Could somebody knowing the Debian packaging shed some light into this?

Please note that in Debian Sid some of these files have been removed or
moved due to the transitioning to Apache 2.4.

Thanks,

Paul

  • [sympa-users] Debian: Use normal CGI even if `libapache2-mod-fcgid` is installed, Paul Menzel, 10/06/2013