en - Re: [sympa-users] Processing spam tags?

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Processing spam tags?
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 12:04:56 +0200

Hi Dick,

Le 02/10/13 11:23, Dick Visser a écrit :
Hi guys

Our current e-mail list server doesn't receive internet e-mail
directly, but from a set of upstream servers that take care of spam
filtering.
They add headers to spam messages, which our list server processes.
If a message has header that classifies it is spam, the message is
bounced to the list owner.

Is such functionality also available in Sympa?
Sure.
You need to use the send scenario (see details here: https://www.sympa.org/manual/authorization-scenarios).

What we do for spams is add an implicit scenario inclusion (include.send.header) that contains rules one the spam header.

Here is an example:

match([header->Subject],/\*\*\*\*Spam\*\*\*\*/)   smtp,dkim,smime -> reject,quiet
match([header->X-UCE-Status],/^\s*Yes\s*$/)   smtp,dkim,smime,md5 -> reject,quiet
match([header->X-Spam-Status],/^\s*Yes\s*$/)  smtp -> reject,quiet

You see that we just reject silently spam. You can instead moderate the message (in which case, the owner will be warned) by changing the action from "reject,quiet" to "owner".

However, such a moderation mechanism can lead to overwhelming moderation tasks for list owners, that's why we just reject such mails silently.

Cheers,

David

Many thanks

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21