en - Re: [sympa-users] include_ldap_query

  • From: Rance Hall <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] include_ldap_query
  • Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 16:29:40 -0500

On 09/03/2013 12:53 PM, Tornóci László wrote:
On 09/03/2013 06:11 PM, Rance Hall wrote:

I have a sympa list that has its subscriber base generated from an ldap
query.

The dialog in sympa that lets me set up the details seems to work as far
as it goes.

I would like to have this ldap query return both the users NAME from
ldap *and* the EMAIL address where it now only returns email.

We now have a need to use a template to send out email that includes the
users name and their email.

I'm confused at the sympa interface for this because I would need to map
our ldap field names to names sympa would like.

I looked at include_ldap_2level_query but this looks to be not what I
want. It looks to be two separate ldap queries when one ldap query can
provide multiple fields in its reply.

Anybody have any ideas about how to do this correctly?

Rance

Hi,

as far as I know, the current version (6.1.17) doesn't support what you
want. However, there are some patches that you can use to do that. I use
the include_ldap_2level_query successfully to provide me with names as
well. I have attached the patch against List.pm 6.1.17 (hopefully the
attachment gets through).

Yours: Laszlo

I tried your patch, and I don't think it works correctly. I entered the data into include_ldap_2level_query and the web interface says I haven't edited anything, and won't save my changes.

Rance

--
Rance Hall
Linux System Administrator

The flag doesn't fly because wind blows it.
It flies with the last breath of each soldier
who died protecting it.