en - Re: [sympa-users] Can you disable archiving for one list ?

  • From: Rob McNicholas <address@concealed>
  • To: "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Can you disable archiving for one list ?
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 16:07:14 -0700

On 8/18/2013 5:23 PM, address@concealed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to disable archiving for a particular Sympa list ? If so, how
> do you go about it ?

Hi Patrick,

One of our list admins has documented this procedure. Note we are still using Sympa 5.4.5, so I don't know if this applies to Sympa 6:

- with the web client, remove existing archives
- edit the list config file (can't do this through web
interface now) and comment out or delete the webarchive and
archive "paragraphs"
- after this, the archive options will no longer show up in
the web interface

Hope this helps,

-Rob
UC Berkeley, Dept of Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences

I couldn't find anything in the GUI, and I also had a look in "src/lib/
List.pm" (for the various parameters associated with a list) - but couldn't
find anything about disabling archiving altogether.

Thanks in Advance,

Patrick