en - Re: [sympa-users] MySQL and InnoDB

  • From: "C. Morgan Hamill" <address@concealed>
  • To: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] MySQL and InnoDB
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 14:14:17 -0400

Sorry about the late reply!

Excerpts from David Verdin's message of 2013-04-04 08:56:22 -0400:
> Also make sure you use innodb only. We use MySQL hotcopy to backup
> database and didn't work out a mean to backup databases using both engines.

Of course.

> Actually, innodb is not really needed by Sympa. We don't enforce
> referential integrity through foreign kay and, as far as I remember, it
> was the main advantage of innodb. Why do you want to use this engine?

For simplicity of administration, and because our performance needs are
not particularly high, we run a cluster of three MySQL instances (not
multi-master), using Heartbeat to make sure one of them is acting as
a master at any given time.

When there's a failover event, the machine taking over STONITHs the
previous master (by sending a hard shutdown command to the blade
enclosure), and so we need a database engine that is hard-crash safe.

All else being equal, I like to re-use our existing infrastructure, so
hence Sympa and InnoDB.
--
C. Morgan Hamill
<address@concealed>

  • Re: [sympa-users] MySQL and InnoDB, C. Morgan Hamill, 05/10/2013