en - Re: [sympa-users] More on Amazon SES and Content-Disposition

  • From: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] More on Amazon SES and Content-Disposition
  • Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 09:52:29 +0100

Dear Liam,

not having read your other messages, I had to look up, what SES is.

Am Samstag, den 02.03.2013, 16:23 -0800 schrieb Liam Kirsher:
> I've noticed an additional issue having to do with "Content-Disposition:
> inline".
>
> Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 554 Transaction failed: Illegal content disposition
> 'inline' in content type 'message/rfc822'.

Where is that error message from? What is the correct value?
`attachment`?

What versions do you use?

> Although I've listed it in the remove_outgoing_headers, it still shows
> up when a message is sent to the moderator
> (address@concealed), in the included bit.
> This seems just wrong on the part of SES, since the Content-Disposition
> field is not in the header, it's in the nested content of the message.
>
> Anyway, is there some way to get Sympa to not use inline in moderation
> (and other) messages?

As a crude workaround get the source code and find out where this is
added (`grep -R inline`) and change it.

Then add an option for this to select between removing that entry from
the header (useful?) and if enabled, selection between `inline` and
`attachment`.

[…]

Thanks and good luck,

Paul

PS: Could you please configure Mozilla Thunderbird to just send plain
text messages with no HTML [1]. My UMTS connection is volume limited.

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette