en - [sympa-users] S/MIME authentication for SMTP / debugging

  • From: Dirk Jahnke-Zumbusch <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] S/MIME authentication for SMTP / debugging
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 13:17:22 +0100 (CET)

Hi again with a question about debugging,

I am trying to setup SYMPA 6.1.16 with S/MIME-signed
e-mail support as authentication mechanism and of course
I try to debug myself in the first place.

I have a list, which uses send.private_smime as scenario:

title.gettext restricted to subscribers and checked smime signature

is_subscriber([listname],[sender]) smime -> do_it
is_editor([listname],[sender]) smime -> do_it
is_owner([listname],[sender]) smime -> do_it
true() smtp,dkim,md5,smime ->
reject(reason='send_subscriber_smime')

but I get the e-mails back as not authenticated:

Your message for list 'listenr1' (attached below) was rejected.
You are not allowed to send this message for the following reason:
Message distribution for this list is restricted to list subscribers
check S/MIME signature.

To pin down why this fails -- my certificate's CA and intermediate RAs
are found in "capath" s xxx.0 files -- I set "log_level 4" and expected
to find entries from tools.pm in sympa's logfile, esp. some information
from "sub smime_sign_check", say " tools::smime_sign_check..." why or
why not an e-mail passed as authenticated.

But there is no log output containing anything like it. Nonetheless there
are entries like tools::get_filename, so debugging is on.

Perhaps anyone has an idea, how to debug? it looks, as if no
"sub smime_" function is ever called.

Best regards
Dirk