en - Re: [sympa-users] using git to contribute?

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] using git to contribute?
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 14:31:58 +0200

hello,

On Tue, Oct 02, 2012 at 12:34:36PM +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear Sympa folks,
> Am Dienstag, den 02.10.2012, 12:21 +0200 schrieb Marc Chantreux:
> > I have an opportunity to contribute to sympa at work and made some
> > proposals on the french list. one of it is to switch from svn to a
> > distributed scm (i would really prefer git). not only it uses the
> > …
> I very much support that idea, which has been brought up before.
> Especially, I think, it depends if the infrastructure of the institute
> doing Sympa development offers Git.

thanks for support. Yes, sourcesup hosts git infrastructure as well as
SVN. My propos

> > The scripts written to help the release process is now based on SVN so
> > my first contribution can be to migrate them to act with git. are those
> > scripts public?
>
> There is also the sympa-dev list for development stuff.

* following the mailto: link from http://www.sympa.org/dev/contributors/index
is broken:

> sub sympa-dev
La liste 'sympa-dev' est inconnue.

* i haven't found the list on the new universalistes (groupes.renater.fr)
* google doesn't help

> I am looking forward to your contributions.

what i want to do right now:
* fix the wiki with better instructions for perl developpers
* if someone create an svn branch for me, i'll synchronize it with a
unistra repo on github.
* i really would like to see the release scripts to help translate them.

regards
--
Marc Chantreux
Direction Informatique