en - [sympa-users] Subscribers sending order

  • From: Alfonso Marín Marín <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Subscribers sending order
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 12:10:44 +0200

Hi,

When sending an email to a list, Sympa all ways orders the subscribers by domain. That is OK for a default behaviour, but I think it should be configurable in the list configuration.

In large corporations, some huge lists have a lot of internal users, all of them with the same domain. And normally, all those internal users may have different priority.

If we could order the subscriber by date, source, or name in distribution proccess (as does wwsympa for the web interface), it would give us others ways to play and to achieve a different order.

What do you think? Probably it is too specific, but I think that modification is very simple because function List::get_first_list_member() already support different order criteria.

Regards.

--
Alfonso Marín Marín
Sección de Telemática - ATICA