en - RE: [sympa-users] Fault in wwsympa 6.1.7

  • From: Erik Olson <address@concealed>
  • To: Davy Kager <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Fault in wwsympa 6.1.7
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 10:04:02 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 8 May 2012, Davy Kager wrote:

Hi,

I too was running the 6.1.x branch (on openSUSE). It worked fine until the
upgrade to openSUSE 12.1, introducing Perl 5.14.2. I got the same error, and
posted it to this list (in December 2011 or January 2012, I think). It seems
Perl 5.14.2 has some problems. For one thing TTYtter also stopped working,
so this might be a bigger-scale problem.

Check archives for this list. I worked with the perl developers for a time to try and track down the problem, but could not get the repro into an appropriately-small chunk for them to work on it.
Eventually abandoned it due to time constants on my part. I ended up working around the problem by compiling the older perl from source and pointing wwsympa.fcgi to the custom older directory.

- Erik

--
Erik Olson