en - Re: [sympa-users] Purely database driven? (ie robots.conf in database)

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Purely database driven? (ie robots.conf in database)
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:32:52 +0100

Hi Andrew,

Not for now. The Sympa 6.2 will have all the spools moved in database.
We're still not sure what we'll do for configuration next. We could keep on moving things to the database, but that would prevent users from editing the configuration with a text editor, which is a fairly common administrative practice.
What we'll do for sure is including the riseup patch that allows to increase performances by moving some of the lists configs in database.
Some ISP have developped their own web services to trigger the robot.conf creation using SOAP, but this is the kind of developments that are not commonly shared accross the community.

Anyway, we are working on these problematics, here, to ease the creation of virtual hosts, so if find any decent - ie likely to be distributed - solution, we'll let the lists know it.

regards,

David