en - Re: [sympa-users] Archive section and html messages with referenced css and embedded images

  • From: Andrew Chilton <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Archive section and html messages with referenced css and embedded images
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 15:16:41 +1300

Hi Everyone,

We're also experiencing this problem with v6.1.5.

On 17 December 2011 05:04, David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:
> OK, that one is a real Sympa bug.
> The only solution I see is to place the archives in the static content
> repository (they ARE static data once they have been generated). Request to
> the static content are not submitted to session renewal as far as I
> remember.
> This however requires a bit of work and won't be made available to the 6.1
> branch, due to the unstabilization it would induce.

I've added comments to the following bugs so that they all get
gathered under this 'invalid session' umbrella: Bug 6180, Bug 6979,
Bug 7079 and Bug 8056.

Is there any way to turn off the 'changing session id' thing?

ie. Keep the same session id for the logged in user. I appreciate this
bypasses the security put in place to prevent session hijacking, but
for me at the moment, the main problem is that moderators can't
moderate messages which contain images. The image preview request logs
the moderator out due to it being an invalid session and therefore is
of greater concern to us at the moment. Session hijacking is rather
low on the list of features to have in lieu of being able to moderate
lists properly. :)

Cheers,
Andy

--
Andrew Chilton
e: address@concealed

  • Re: [sympa-users] Archive section and html messages with referenced css and embedded images, Andrew Chilton, 03/06/2012