en - [sympa-users] Moving 5.4.6 to 6.1.4

  • From: Russ Kepler <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Moving 5.4.6 to 6.1.4
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:28:04 -0700

I'm moving a Sympa 5.4.6 (working) to a new install of 6.1.4. The move is
complicated in that it's from a Mandriva installation (where Sympa files are
often found in unexpected places) to a Kubuntu install. Some odd issues were
found in the kubuntu install and it took several tries to get sympa installed
with the provided .deb and scripts, but seems to have completed installation.

I moved the mysql database files across and ran the sympa.pl --update and it
seemed to finish OK (no reported errors). After that I tried to login
through
the web interface and it seems to think that my password has changed.

I copied the right cookie value across, verifying with a cut-n-paste between
sessions so there's no real chance of error. The cookie value is the same as
from the previous install.

Is there some chance that the passwords were somehow corrupted in the move
process?

  • [sympa-users] Moving 5.4.6 to 6.1.4, Russ Kepler, 02/28/2012