en - Re: [sympa-users] renaming a list?

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] renaming a list?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:51:38 -0500

Serge Aumont wrote:
On 29/01/2012 20:34, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Hi Folks,

I want to rename a list. It's easy enough to create a new list, using
the old one as a template, but is there any easy way to migrate the
user database and the archives?

Thanks much,

Miles Fidelman

This can be done as listmaster from list admin menu (you can rename list
or change its domain). It will move archives, subscribers but also
bounces and update spools preventing lost of waiting messages, etc.

Thanks Serge! Not sure how I missed that (started diving down through menus too quickly, probably).

Miles

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra