en - [sympa-users] Cannot authenticate on GUI after move and upgrade to a new server

  • From: FLASSE Damien <address@concealed>
  • To: "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Cannot authenticate on GUI after move and upgrade to a new server
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 12:02:52 +0000

Dear,

I’ve upgraded sympa from 5.4.3 to 6.15 on another server (Ubuntu 10.04) following this procedure: http://www.sympa.org/manual/upgrading

Everything went fine (no error during the upgrade process) but I cannot authenticate on the web GUI. In the log, I’ve the following error message:

Jul 14 10:23:45 oracle2 wwsympa[11032]: err Auth::authentication() authentication: incorrect password for user

It goes for all users I’ve tested.

Any attempt to reset the password (lost password procedure) looks ok on screen (check you inbox it says) but nothing happens. I trust email config is ok because I receive warnings from sympa when I restart the daemon.

I compared the password hash from the users in user_table and they are identical both on the new and the old server. The ‘old’ server runs perfectly well.

I don’t know what else I could do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Damien