en - [sympa-users] Disable new user registration on web frontend

  • From: Christian Schroeder <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Disable new user registration on web frontend
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:14:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

this is propably simple, but I did not manage to find any information
about this issue:

After installing sympa on debian lenny, the webfrontend allows anyone
(=world) to register.
I would rather prefer that only registered used (which I have added
manually, are able to use the web frontend).

Of course, one could use control the access via Apache means and
an identical authentication system for apache and wwsympa (such as LDAP).
But then, my users would have to login twice.

Removing the register Button "Firtst login?" in login_menu.tt2 is even
less elegant.

I am pretty sure there must be some inherent functionality to disable
public registration and turn it into a closed group. This should
be true for the entire server not only for certain lists.

Could someone please give me a clue how to proceed in order to implement
my requirements?
Thank you very much.

Cheers
Christian

  • [sympa-users] Disable new user registration on web frontend, Christian Schroeder, 06/15/2011