en - [sympa-users] rsync of Arcives

  • From: Dan Milunus <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] rsync of Arcives
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 10:38:59 -0400

I am in the process of migrating Sympa to new hardware. Currently our
Archives folder /var/sympa/arc is 20GB in size. I would like to rsync that
folder prior to me doing the actual migration. Is there any problem with me
using rsync on that folder while sympa is running? The plan is to do a
manual rsync a couple of days before to get most of the data and then do one
final rsync on the day of the actual migration with Sympa turned off. Please
let me know if you see any issues with this plan.

Thank you

Dan