en - [sympa-users] Running Sympa SOAP server on different host than Webserver

  • From: John Roberts <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Running Sympa SOAP server on different host than Webserver
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:29:21 -0500

Hello all,

I'm trying to run the sympa_soap_server.fcgi on our Solaris mail server,
where Sympa and wwsympa are already running successfully. Our
webserver, running on a separate host, connects to the running wwsympa
FCGI process via TCP, instead of running directly on the webserver host.
This is accomplished by setting the environment variable
FCGI_SOCKET_PATH to "hostname:port" before running the wwsympa.fcgi script.

I would like to do the same for the sympa_soap_server.fcgi script, but
it behaves differently, exiting a few seconds after launching with the
output "Status: 411 Length Required". It never listens for a TCP
connection.

After some digging around, I understand roughly what the problem is, but
not how to solve it. My FCGI_SOCKET_PATH setup for wwsympa works
because wwsympa uses Perl's CGI::Fast interface, which handles the TCP
listening itself. But the SOAP server is based on
SOAP::Transport::HTTP::FCGI which works entirely differently. I guess
it's meant to be launched by the webserver directly, but this isn't the
mode I want to run the server.

Anybody know if there's a way to run the Sympa SOAP server on a separate
host from the webserver, as I've done with wwsympa?

Thanks;

Cheers, John Roberts
SNOLAB

  • [sympa-users] Running Sympa SOAP server on different host than Webserver, John Roberts, 03/01/2011