en - Re: [sympa-users] Possible to disable attachment of files to postings?

  • From: "Ed C." <address@concealed>
  • To: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Possible to disable attachment of files to postings?
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:00:25 -0600

Serge Aumont wrote:
> Hi
>
> Le 28/02/11 06:34, Ed C. a écrit :
>> Someone in our list just discovered that it is possible to attach files
>> to postings. Can this feature be disabled?
>>
> Indeed ! You just need to create a send scenario that test if some
> attachement are in the incomming message.
>
> http://www.sympa.org/faq/tips_and_howto#how_to_reject_detach_or_control_attachment_in_a_mailing_list
>

> Regards
> Serge Aumont

Thanks, Serge. It looks like that utility or script is for the use of
list masters only and not ordinary list owners. Is that the case? Are
both lines:

match([header->Content-Disposition],/attachment/) smtp,smime,md5 ->
editorkey

match([header→Content-Type],/multipart\/alternative/) smtp,smime,md5 →
reject

needed? Or will just the second do? The attachment in question produces
the header lines:

What is editorkey, and can either → or -> be used in these contexts

Thanks,

Ed