en - Re: [sympa-users] New listmaster definition problems

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] New listmaster definition problems
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:18:33 +0100

Hi,

Le 16/02/11 18:10, Scot Wilcoxon a écrit :
I'm trying to change the owner of several lists into being a listmaster,
but can't make it happen correctly.
I added the user address@concealed to the sympa.conf "listmaster" list,
and restarted Sympa.  But in the database table admin_table, the users
role_admin is still "editor" instead of "owner".
That's because a listmaster is not owner of the lists by default. Owners must be defined as such in the list's config.
  If I change the
role_admin in the database, the next time Sympa is restarted it is
changed back to "owner".
This is not the right thing to do, as the admin table is just a cache of what's contained in the lists config. It is likely that Sympa will remove this entries one day or another by comparing the list config's data to the admin table content - except if the user is defined as owner in the config.

Something is still not clear to me : You said that this user was owner of the list, but was defined as editor in the database. What role is assigned to him in the list's config?

Ans another question: what kind of privileges do you exactly want to grant to this user?

Regards,

David Verdin

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités

Due to the limitations of human brain, I fail to remember all the mails.
So if you want your bug reports or feature requests for Sympa to be processed, please post them to the Sympa tracker