en - [sympa-users] problems using VM, server hostname set to null

  • From: Dan Tenenbaum <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] problems using VM, server hostname set to null
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 15:26:01 -0800

Hello,

Here is my question:

I am trying the Sympa VM in VMWare.

I am using DHCP. I have also set the machine name to the DHCP hostname in system-config-networking.
When I click on the "configure" link, it says "Your server hostname: null".

Because of this, I cannot evaluate sympa because I cannot send email to (for example) null.myhost.org
How can I get the configuration page to show that my hostname is (for example) dhcp151124.myhost.org?

Thanks
Dan

  • [sympa-users] problems using VM, server hostname set to null, Dan Tenenbaum, 02/08/2011