en - [sympa-users] Notification list rejects email with a "Ignoring message which would cause a loop" message

  • From: Colin Ho <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Notification list rejects email with a "Ignoring message which would cause a loop" message
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 00:13:47 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a list so that it can receive email notifications from a JIRA issue tracker and distribute them to the list subscribers.

I've tried a couple methods with the same results, which is that the JIRA notification emails are rejected.

The first method I tried was to set up the list with the "newsletter" send scenario, with the JIRA email address registered as a list moderator.

The second method I tried was to define my own send scenario with the rule match([sender],/^jira@mycompany\.com$/) smtp,smime,md5  -> do_it.

In both cases, the email notifications from JIRA are rejected and I find the message "Ignoring message which would cause a loop" in the Sympa logs.

If I replace address@concealed with my own email address in the two methods above, my messages go through.

Can someone explain why only the email notifications from JIRA are rejected, and how I can get this to work?

Much appreciated,

Colin