en - [sympa-users] signed messages being rejected

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] signed messages being rejected
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 20:23:36 +0100

Hi, I am testing a new setup for our co., which wishes to utilize a secure
mailing list. Internally we send/receive all messages smime signed &
encrypted.

In testing with Sympa, if I send a clear text signed message, and sending to
the list is set to private_smime, I get my messages rejected;

Dec 21 18:27:14 lists-test sympa[17193]: notice main::DoFile() Processing /
address@concealed ; sender: Dave S.
<address@concealed>#012 ; message-id:
<address@concealed>#012
Dec 21 18:27:14 lists-test sympa[17193]: info main::DoMessage() Processing
message for crypt with priority 5,
<address@concealed>#012
Dec 21 18:27:14 lists-test sympa[17193]: notice main::DoMessage() Message for
crypt from address@concealed rejected() because sender not allowed
Dec 21 18:27:14 lists-test sympa[17193]: err List::get_subscriber() Unable to
retrieve information from database for user address@concealed
Dec 21 18:27:14 lists-test sympa[17193]: notice Moving bad file crypt@lists-
test.yt.com.1292956030.17228 to bad/

A regular signed (not clear-text signed) gets rejected as well, but a fully
encrypted/signed message gets redistributed to the list.

I've been reading everything I can find on Sympa w/SMIME configuration.. it
seems things are set correctly, but having issues.. not sure what to look at
next (I've run all kinds of openssl commands against the certs to test/verify
things, the certs are actively being used within the company, and are valid
certs issued by 3rd party (Comodo))

I can increase debug level and post new log info, if helpful (seen from other
posts)
any other info I can dig up as well?

Regards