en - Re: [sympa-users] DB_File Prerequisites

  • From: Tornóci László <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] DB_File Prerequisites
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 20:14:10 +0100

On 11/30/2010 07:15 PM, Chad Myslinsky wrote:
I'm in the process of installing Sympa on a RHEL 5.5 box but am running into trouble installing
the DB_File CPAN module. When I run perl -MCPAN -e 'install DB_File', it fails during the make
process with errors like "No library found for -ldb" and "version.c:30:16: error:
db.h: No such file or directory". Googling mentions installing DB_File from an RPM or
perhaps installing Berkeley DB3 and DB3-Devel packages then trying to run perl -MCPAN -e 'install
DB_File' again.

I'm curious what routes others have taken to getting the required CPAN
modules installed.

Chad
Hi,

I had no problem installing DB_File in RHEL 5.5. I ran 'cpan' and installed the necessary modules from the cpan> prompt.

Yours: Laszlo