en - Re: [sympa-users] Re: Sympa 6.0.1 crashes with: Can't create new process in safefork: Not enough space

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Omen Wild <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Re: Sympa 6.0.1 crashes with: Can't create new process in safefork: Not enough space
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:19:05 +0100

Hi and sorry for this late answer.

First: You should not, in Sympa 6.x use two sympa.pl. The "distribution" process does nothing, all the operations it performed being done by bulk.pl now.
We need to remove any reference to the previous behaviour.

Second: the crashes. Sympa should not be wanting to make any fork: it is running already. What was Sympa doing at the time it crashed?
Even if you have plenty of RAM, the System may not let you fork, because it would make you exceed the number of processes you can own. Please have a look at this post about this mechanism in Solaris: http://blogs.sun.com/hasham/entry/solaris_10_increasing_number_of

Regards,

David