en - [sympa-users] Sympa 6.0.1 crashes with: Can't create new process in safefork: Not enough space

  • From: Omen Wild <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa 6.0.1 crashes with: Can't create new process in safefork: Not enough space
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:15:59 -0700

We are getting occasional Sympa 6.0.1 crashes, logged as "Can't create
new process in safefork: Not enough space". The fun part is that we have
plenty of RAM.

I started tracking how much RAM the two Sympa processes (command and
distribute) are using (see attached graph). The red and blue lines
represent the memory used by the two Sympa processes, the green line is
free RAM, and the red circles are where Sympa crashed. As you can see
from the graph there is always plenty of free RAM.

I find it interesting how one of the processes always takes a giant
(almost 1GB) jump in RAM, but have no idea why it would do so.

We are running Sympa 6.0.1 on Solaris 10 (T-2000, 16GB RAM), perl
v5.10.1, MySQL 5.0.87.

I realize 6.0.1 is quite out of date now, and plan on updating to
6.1.1 soon.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks!

--