en - [sympa-users] Sympa hangs weekly

  • From: Iñigo Martinez Lasala <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa hangs weekly
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:04:00 +0200

Hi everybody.

I've been using sympa as mailing list manager since we left mailman three years ago.
Recenly, we have upgraded to sympa 6.x series, but we have found a problem that we have not been able to solve.

Weekly, on Sunday about 6:30 AM, sympa get hangs. wwsympa.fcgi gets stuck and several apache processes come to defunct state.
The only way to recover sympa is by killing wwsympa.fcgi process and everything get recovered instantly. It's not necessary to restart sympa or Apache. Only kill wwsympa.fcgi process.

There are only two cron tasks executed weekly (debian default): man-db and sysklogd rotation log. None of them should interfere with Apache or sympa...

So, my question are:
- Is there any internal task that could cause such behavior?
- Could wwsympa.fcgi get stuck by syslog rotation? If yes, it could be a bug.... (we should talk with our hosting in order to disable it, but I think response will be NO).

Thanks in advance.

  • [sympa-users] Sympa hangs weekly, Iñigo Martinez Lasala, 09/27/2010