en - Re: [sympa-users] funnyness involving password resets

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] funnyness involving password resets
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 23:45:10 -0400

More password funnyness:

1. I just added an email address to a list - using an address that has never been seen before by the sympa installation.

2. I get a welcome message that includes:

Your password : 098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6.

3. I can not log in with that password (tried both with and without the ".").

4. I can use "lost password" to get a ticket and reset the password to
something that lets me log in.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks,

Miles

Miles Fidelman wrote:
Of late, I've been having a funny problem with password resets.

Two different symptoms. In some cases, new users are getting funny looking passwords in their "welcome" message, which don't actually work.

Then, clicking on "lost password," and asking for a new password results in an email with a link it. Clicking on the link sometimes leads to a screen for entering a new password, but sometimes leads to a screen saying:

Sorry, this operation can't be performed

A validation link was sent to you on 30 Aug 2010 at 20:38:18. (the validation link was requested from host 173.76.134.212)

reason

The validation link has already been validated from host 173.76.134.212 .If you did not perform this validation, please report this confidentiality issue to your mail services administrator.

After which, one is logged in.

Any thoughts on what might be going on, or how to track this down?

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman

In<fnord> practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra