en - [sympa-users] Excessive "re:" in subjects

  • From: Al Bennett <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Excessive "re:" in subjects
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:34:32 +0100

Hello

I'm Al, I'm a web developer based in Edinburgh. I run an Ubuntu Xen VM running Postfix/Dovecot and Sympa. A while back I set up Sympa 5.3.4 (a bit old, I know) as a replacement for Mailman (which was somehow forwarding spam) and so far it all looks good.

There are only a couple of lists at the moment but they both have the same slight bug that I'd like to fix. Every time a user replies to a thread an extra "Re:" appears in the subject line. The list identifier is still at the beginning but the subject keeps getting padded out with more Re:s. A recent message on one of the lists is now "[hacklab] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Keys", bonkers!

I'm sure this is just a simple config setting somewhere but I can't find anything that looks like it'll fix this. I've done some googling this morning but, obviously, searching for "sympa", "subject:" and "re:" returns a lot of garbage! I've had a quick search of this list's archive but didn't find anything that looked promising.

Hopefully someone can give me a clue or a pointer to the right part of the docs.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Al