en - Re: [sympa-users] server crashed; sympa.pl now using 12G of memory

  • From: micah anderson <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] server crashed; sympa.pl now using 12G of memory
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 13:30:28 -0400

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 09:49:55 +0200, David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:
> Thanks for this detailed report Micah!
>
> I'll have a look at this "tag" issue. It is abnormal that it can create
> 12 GB of text.

Thanks! I'm happy to provide any additional information to help debug
that.

It might be worthwhile to set a sanity check in that process so very
large emails aren't sent to listmasters. I'd suggest maybe only
including the last 10 or so lines from the file and information about
where the .stderr file can be found for further inspection.