en - [sympa-users] postfix configuration issue

  • From: "Holger Rabbach (ICT)" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] postfix configuration issue
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 09:32:28 +0000

Hi all,

I’ve searched all over the web for a solution to what appears to be a rather simple problem, but to no avail. Here’s the scenario:

CentOS 5.5 box with postfix as the MTA

Sympa installed from source, with FastCGI using the supplied wrapper

Sympa running as sympa:sympa

In /etc/postfix, there’s a sympa_aliases file that all the list aliases go into. All our lists use the same domain, so no domain management necessary. Postfix’s main.cf knows about the sympa_aliases file and uses the hashed .db file.

Problem: when I add a new list through the web interface, the sympa_aliases file is updated with new aliases, but postalias isn’t called on the file, so the hash db isn’t updated and thus the list doesn’t work until I manually run postalias. Surely that’s not the way it’s supposed to be and there must be an easy configuration switch somewhere to change that behaviour… but all I can find is complicated instructions for multi-domain sympa installations that do not seem to have this problem. Can some kind soul share their wisdom with me? J Thanks.

Holger