en - Re: [sympa-users] Anyone using LDAP based lists?

  • From: "Rolf E. Sonneveld" <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Anyone using LDAP based lists?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:09:46 +0200

Hi, David,

On 06/24/2010 04:59 PM, David Verdin wrote:
address@concealed"> Hi,

I'm not sure I got you right, but if you mean "how is it possible to modify an LDAP directory to add/remove the information stating that a user has subscribed/unsubscribed from a list" then it's not possible.

Sympa can only read external data sources, not modify them.

thanks for your answer. I thought that, as Sympa was able to use LDAP as data source, there also would be some sort of interface between the subscribe/unsubscribe/setnomail routines and LDAP, but my assumptions were wrong, I understand.

What are the routines responsible for subscribing/unsubscribing etc.? Do they provide hooks to implement LDAP modifications?

Regards,
/rolf