en - Re: [sympa-users] Several mail robots - a common web interface

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Victoriano Giralt <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Several mail robots - a common web interface
  • Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 09:26:49 +0200

Ola Victoriano

On 04/08/2010 10:03 PM, Victoriano Giralt wrote:
> Hello, we are in the process of moving our mail list service over to
> Sympa.
>
> Our present service has one web interface for all list, regardless of
> the mail domain where the list resides. We would like to keep this
> format in order not to disturb our users too much. Also, because we host
> lists in domains where we control the mail but not the web, for example.
>
> The service will be mostly shibboleth protected as most users are either
> internal or belong to organizations that can federate with us. Although
> there will also be Sympa system users.
>
> I've tried using different URL for each robot, but inside the same
> server. But his drives the interface nuts, and it looses track of the
> authentication.
>
> Is there any way of hosting lists from several domains (like @uma.es,
> @sci.uma.es, @confia.aupa.info) under a common web interface
> (http://sympa.sci.uma.es/)?
The only way I imagine for that is to host all the list in a single
robot "sci.uma.es" and to set the "host" list parameter for each list
that are not in that robot. This way all the list will be in a single
web interface but messages to lists will have headers according to that
"host" parameter.

May be some apache guru can imagine a better solution ?

Serge