en - Re: [sympa-users] How to configure automatic notifcitions about ignored

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How to configure automatic notifcitions about ignored
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 11:51:44 +0100

Hi Paul,

Well, you can't send a mail when a message is rejected by loop prevention without modifying the code. Actually, if you did so, you would probably be flooded by warning messages.
You user probably has a strange MUA: It kept the X-Loop header of the original message in its reply header. That's for sure a weird behaviour.
Anyway, I don't think it's a good idea to try to send messages for this kind of warning, or at least not before we have implemented the digest option for reports to the listmaster. that's the option with chich Sympa would, instead of sending a message for each notification, try to gather events occurring in a certain time window, and send a synthesis of the vents in a single message. Less message for the lismaster, more attention given to each message.

Regards,

David